Thursday, August 30, 2012

Shredded Chicken Tacos

Well it's officially time to get in shape before our vacation... So we are attempting to complete P90X prior to the trip!  I use the word "attempt" because we've tried it before and only made it to day 45.  But this time I'm motivated because I'm training to become a pool layer-outer / fruity drink drinker...  So far, I'm feeling the pain!

Today is Yoga Day - easy! 
So I've decided to make a fun, inexpensive, and easy Mexican Dinner to spice up the middle of the work week.

Menu: Shredded Chicken Tacos

Ingredients:
1 large can of white chicken breast - drained
2-3 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
1 Pinch of Cayenne Pepper - Optional
Olive Oil
Tortillas (crispy or soft) - I used Crispy Corn Tortillas
(Makes about 7 tacos, I recommend using 2 cans of chicken if you like your taco extra meaty!)

Optional Add-ons:
Shredded Lettuce - Used this
2% milk shredded cheese (Mexican or cheddar works) - Used this
Your favorite salsa - Used this
Chopped tomatoes
Jalapenos
Black Olives
Fat Free Sour Cream


Preparation:
In a pan add a lug of olive oil and the drained can of chicken.  Season with 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning and dash of cayenne pepper.  Cook until the chicken is nice and crispy.  Took me about 8-10 minutes on medium heat.  Add Salt and Pepper to taste.

While the chicken is cooking, place your side items in dishes so everyone can build their own tacos.

I like to serve this meal with black beans and rice on the side.... and we had Mexican Coca-Cola - yum!


 
PS - not sure why this picture won't flip... I blame Google :)

No comments:

Post a Comment